Tuesday, August 31, 2010

PINK High Tea Party

I had a wonderful afternoon on Sunday when my closest girlfriends came over for a PINK high tea party; a mini event to celebrate my hair loss as well as to have a bit of fun and a giggle over some games; all with the theme of breasts! It was so lovely to sit over a high tea (yes posh sarnies, scones (courtesy of mum; thanks ma!!), friands, chocolate orange cake and some delicious PINK cupcakes (generously donated by Poppy Cakes at the Emporium - thanks Chris and Theo!!)

It was a true ladies feast all complemented with some pink bubbles! I was feeling a little tired so I skipped the bubbles but I had such a lovely time playing some games and having great laughs and conversations!

It was a really special day for me as my big sis was over for the day, it was the first time everyone saw me with no hair and since we got engaged, so there was lots to celebrate! And I must thank my wonderful UK family for the delivery of the amazing champagne for the party (thank you Linnie B and John!)

Here are some memoirs of the day. I want to thank my beautiful friends and family for making the day really lovely and special for me.... and I am so thrilled that my fundraising site has nearly hit $2,500. Thank you so so much to everyone who has donated to the cause of cancer research. I am so delighted with all of the support everyone has shown me. http://www.everydayhero.com.au/susie_johnson

THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. xx



Shell having fun spinning Joey!

Nomes was getting head spins after all the turns!

Joey missed the nipple but the line up was accurate!

There were sweets in this bra and everyone had to guess the number!



Milena picking her prize



2 comments:

  1. We all looked so pretty in pink too! Was a fun afternoon with lots of laughs and GREAT cake! (and sarnies)
    The fundraising effort is massive - you have an awesome cheer squad and truly are an everyday heroine Suse!
    lots of love Shell xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susie,

    The afternoon tea looked wonderful. The day I shaved my head I spent it curled up in bed with Barney, but your day with cupcakes looked so much more fun! For the first day of Spring, I went out without anything on my head for the first time since January. It was a bit weird, but I am getting used to it. Congratulations on the engagement that is awesome! I hope you continue to do well and keep that smile on your face.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete