Monday, August 2, 2010

Dealing with the emotions

As someone who is not a very outwardly emotional person, I have cried more in the past three weeks than throughout my entire life! To begin with, I could not fathom this was happening to me... why me.... what could I have done....this is going to ruin my career and my life..... and a million other negative thoughts. But I realised one thing very quickly. I was overwhelmed with love and support from my friends, family, colleagues and people I have met all over the world. The response was instant and I immediately drew strength from the words of encouragement and positivity to begin telling myself 'I can get through this'.

At first, I remember being so upset that I felt like my heart had been broken. Nothing has ever reduced me to level of devastation I felt. I was gutted. I have had an amazing life where everything has gone so right. I have travelled, I have great friends and family and I have such a beautiful partner, this just didn't seem fair! I felt like this for about 1-2 days. Then things started to change.

Everyone was so supportive and I decided to take a big picture look at my life. Yes, I had been blessed with pretty well much a perfect life, but maybe this was going to be part of that journey.... maybe this was going to MAKE me slow down, smell the roses and rediscover all of the wonderful people and things I have in my life. Maybe this was going to present an opportunity.... and to this day, I feel that I have been put in this position for a reason. To learn more about myself, what's important to me and my life and to unlock the emotions that I have not drawn upon for a long time.

This is my chance rediscovery!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment