Tuesday, August 17, 2010

One Step Forward, Two Steps Backward - where did that light go?!

Well I know that anyone who knows me will not want to read this, however, the reality is that yesterday I took a big backward slide; BIG TIME! I felt absolutely terrible from the minute I opened my eyes to the time I went to sleep. It was the first day I haven't left the house or spoken to anyone as I felt dreadful!

Initiatlly I felt very upset and frustrated, however, I continued to receive so many positive words of encouragement throughout the day and the reality set in that this is going to be my life for the next six months; and I'm going to have to learn to take both good and bad days as I cannot take my health for granted any more.

On reflection I realised how much I don't like it when things don't go my way (it wasn't quite a tantrum; I just fully expected to feel better than the day before) and it hit me that this experience will teach me patience and discipline (two skills I really need to work on!!) and to really slow down and take it easy on my body. I now know that there will be good and bad days and that the not so good days will make the good ones really fabulous.

I am feeling better today; not brilliant but I will be able to go for a walk which I know I will really enjoy. I will be smelling the roses on that walk, that's for sure.

Thank you to everyone who sent me texts and messages yesterday; you got me through a tough day....

Finally I wanted to share with you this picture from a friend in London....thanks Paul!!

3 comments:

  1. One day at a time my friend. You have a supersonic mind, and that's the most powerful too you can have right now I say! Congrats on your gym workout. You'd be putting most of to shame I'd say!!
    best love
    e
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Suse

    Well done for facing up to the bad days as well as the good ones and accepting them all. Each day, good or bad, is another step on your journey. I know you will enjoy the good days and cope so well with the bad ones. You are a fighter and will not give in. Lots of love to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suse you speak with such words of wisdom, and as you say maybe it takes a bad day to make us realise just how GREAT 'good' days are. May today be a wonderful one for you, I'll be thinking of you. PS. Maybe thinking of a sinking punt in Cambridge will bring even a tiny ray of sunshine to a bad day xxxx Kyles

    ReplyDelete