Monday, August 30, 2010

Our Big Announcement

Last Thursday, we had a fairly normal day. We had popped out to pick up a few things and it was the day my gorgeous partner had planned to cook me a nice dinner; something which he has done fairly regularly over the past 7 years.

He prepared a delicious three course meal in our home and it was really lovely as it was the first time we had sat down to a long gourmet dinner since this ordeal began and it was also the first day my hair began to fall out, so it was really nice to sit, relax and not think about that!

Just after our fabulous lamb main course, he came out with a little photo album which had memories of our last seven years, four months, three weeks and one day together! There were photos of all of our trips, tickets to helicopter flights in NY, Wimbledon, the Bolshoi Ballet and much much more......and it immediately brought a tear to my eyes... it was so nice to remember all of our wonderful times and it reminded me of how lucky we have been to have experienced all of these amazing things together... and we are still only 35! We have had so much fun over the past seven years and to have had the experience to live on the other side of the world and meet the man of my dreams overshadows everything that is happening to me right now.

He then came out with a beautiful red velvet cake in the shape of a love heart, which was our dessert. He then asked me to cut into it and as I did, I struck something inside there..... he then took the knife and cut into it and pulled out a little bag with a small box inside it.... it was at this moment, I went into shock! He then pulled out the box and opened it up and all I remember seeing was an exquisite yellow diamond; something I have always wanted..... he then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him...... it brings tears to my eyes five days later..... it was very romantic and very perfect and of course I said yes immediately!

We are both absolutely delighted and it will be something to really look forward to in 2011 when all of this will be over. We are getting the ring designed and made and it will be my dream ring; it's beautiful!

I have always had a little joke with some of my friends who have been in serious relationships whereby I ask them if I need to go 'hat shopping' yet.... as many ladies wear hats to weddings in the UK..... so now I have two reasons to go hat shopping.......

12 comments:

  1. Dear Susie,

    Congratulations to you both, you are fabulous together.

    LOL

    Johnnie BB

    XXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just keep 'welling up'. I will be so proud to have you as my daughter-in-law and am so pleased that you found each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horaay...some wonderful news and a great change of focus for you!! Delighted that you have a new job now (wedding planner extraordinaire) and I hope that you are both enjoying this special time. Super super super super timing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - this is awesome news Susie...if you can get through breast cancer together - you can do anything!!! Congratulations to you both!

    So the hair is gone? Well done for taking it into your own hands, it is a very brave thing to do! Terribly scary though...

    Thinking of you every day xxx

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. susie congratulations! love the red velvet cake! Does he want a job at poppy cakes! hee!
    love to you and thinking of you!
    chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suse and Matt, this is fantastic news!! Something good has come out of this experience, it is bringing you both even closer, if that's possible! What a wonderful thing to look forward to! We are so happy for you both
    Love Stella, Stel and Alex xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! Enjoy this special time together! Another new chapter ....
    Love Kev and Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Susie. This is wonderful news.

    Wishing you all the best with the rest of your treatment and the wedding plans. I also wanted to acknowledge how brave you are to be going through this and sharing it with everyone.

    Stay strong.

    Cheers, Karen Gilmore (Caign Webs)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations SJ... that's so sweet... I'm so happy for you. Matt - you are the best!

    Lovely news.

    Dianne (London)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Suse!

    How did I miss this? Congratulations! What fabulous news! I'm really happy for you.

    Fliss
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now I think I've got to learn something like this in the future. Thanks For all the help.Turbans

    ReplyDelete