Thursday, September 2, 2010

My New Hair

On the eve of chemo session number two, I realise that the past few weeks have been pretty good overall. While I have had good and bad days, I know that when I am feeling tired, the best remedy is rest. It is refreshing to know that I will hopefully be able to continue to walk everyday and have a few outings each week.

Today I had one of those outings. I was thinking a few weeks ago that I would not get a wig, however, now that I actually have no hair, I have quickly changed my mind. I went out today in one of my new Alannah scarves, which is beautiful but I felt like a cancer patient for the first time. I find that with my hats, people cannot tell if I have hair under them or not so I don't get as many stares, however, today I really noticed people looking at me, so it will be nice to have a wig so that I can blend in....

Now for anyone who knows me, this is going to be a big change. There is no such thing as a curly blonde long hair wig, so that was not an option. I tried on probably around 20 wigs and had a very difficult time choosing as they are ALL so different. After creating a shortlist and having a little vote between Mum and the girls in the store, I decided to go with this one below. One of the reasons is that it's a similar colour to my hair and I will be able to do a few different styles with it; and more importantly I will still be able to wear my beautiful headbands and hair clips, so that was a good incentive to choose this one.

So here it is...... the unveiling of the new Susie! So despite me having chemo tomorrow, I have lots to look forward to over the next couple of weeks so I am determined to get it out of my system as quickly as possible and feel better quickly!

Let me know what you think of the new do! xx

8 comments:

  1. Hi Susie!!

    Your party looked like a hoot-glad that you had a fab time with your friends....is that you in the pink hat?? I had the same one I think! Super soft and comfy....

    You look beautiful with your new do - fabo actually! It will look great with scarves and funky little hats....just think - you can try out things with hair that perhaps you never would have!

    Hope that chemo goes OK - thinking of you and remember the iceblocks

    See you soon I hope

    Megan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO HOO!! Super effort!! It looks just like we'd straightened your 'other' hair with the GHDs! Good call! This will look super swish with all your accessories, and the AH headgear will be stupendous!! YAY!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful Suse! I love the new 'do'! I want to see you modelling your scarves and hats too.
    I love reading your blog - its so uplifting and inspirational and makes me so proud that you are my friend.
    Lots of love for tomorrow xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynette Hitchens-BirdSeptember 5, 2010 at 12:58 AM

    Love it!!!! You look beautiful either way.

    XxX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susie,

    You look just great. You know, I was thinking of having exactly the same style but you got there before me!!

    Loads of love,

    Johnnie BB

    XXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suse - you look beautiful/fantastic/elegant! I love it.

    Fliss
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you said - discovering a whole new Suzie!Thank you again for your generosity in taking us on this journey with you. I like it. joan xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susie what a great look! I love it! chris xx

    ReplyDelete