Friday, September 24, 2010

Kinesiology + Chemotherapy = RESULTS!!!!

Well it is the FIRST day post chemo and here I am sitting writing my blog; WOW!

I won't lie as yesterday was an extremely traumatic day for me.... I felt anxious and sick to the stomach at the thought of sitting in that hospital chair once more and I was very upset that the day had finally arrived. As soon as we got there and I sat in 'that' chair I just broke down as I couldn't believe I was going to be going through my next near death experience...... it took a while for me to calm down but I did thanks to darling Matty and the treatment began.....

I was really hoping my blood test was going to come back ok but my white blood cells had reduced so much that they were considering whether I can have treatment. Luckily, my oncologiest said to go ahead with it and to give me a self injection which I will do later today so boost my white blood cells...... as soon as it started going through my blood stream, I felt that instant horrible, dire feeling.......by the end of the three hour session, I was feeling pretty terrible but we had an appnt with my kineso straight away so we raced back to see him and got into his room immediately.

He could feel how depleted my body was instantly; my liver, neck, ovaries and stomach were shot within one hour of the treatment finishing..... so he began giving me large doses of grape seed and cyto bifidus powder which helped some organs instantly..... then he discovered that I need to take gelatine, so once I had that, he noticed a huge difference...... so he has put me on really large doses of these supplements for the next three days and we will then reduce the volumes...... so we came home and I dosed up, said my prayers and hoped like crazy this was going to work!

I was awake for most of the night but I never felt anywhere near as sick as I have for the past two treatments..... I started feeling excited. I woke at 5.30am and couldn't believe how much better I was feeling compared to day one of the past two treatments....... I still feel quite sick but I am far from feeling like death, so I am the happiest person in the world today..... if this is my new rock bottom then I know that I can get through this......... and I am SOOOO pleased I went to my kineso......for the first time since I started chemo, I truly believe that I can get through the next five sessions and that I will be ok.... a very comforting feeling.

I also realised last night why I may have been so sick after the last treatment..... I was finding dairy/soy products, like a glass of milk and jarlsberg cheese in bread (which contains soy) really comforting and knowing now that my body is not able to process any dairy or soy, I think this may have made my progress worse.

So while I didn't even understand kinesiology just a few months ago (apart from what I learnt from Matty) I am now convinced that it can massively contribute to your overall health and wellbeing......he said to me the other evening that many people are too scared to see him as they know it will result in a massive lifestyle change (which it has for us) but having felt the benefits over the past two weeks, I am a believer.

Now many of you have been asking who my kineso is so here are his details:

Nundah Chiropractic Centre
11 Rode Rd, Nundah
T: 3266 7093

There are three kinesiologists/chiropractors at the clinic and I see Ben Maitland who as you know has been brilliant. His father is also apparently brilliant but there is a bigger waiting time to see him. I would highly recommend either of them.

So as I sit here proudly writing my blog on day one post chemo three, I am hoping things will continue to improve. Thank you for all of your messages of love and support.

I have hope and I am now more determined than ever to beat this.

Three down, five to go!!

xxx

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that round 3 of chemo has been better for you. So sorry I've not been in touch the last few weeks, but I'm thinking and praying for you every day. Simon X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie
    You are a freakin champion. Good to hear your fighting spirit and the magic grape seed/gelatin infusions are getting you through the dreaded chemo. Hang in there.
    Love
    Peter

    ps
    Love the wig. Pop stars change their look all the time. Is this the beginning of a chameleon phase....

    ReplyDelete