Thursday, January 6, 2011

My first tattoos

Yes, you read it here; I now have four tattoos!!!! (only kidding)

I had my radiation planning meeting this week which went well. I had the CT scan and they marked me with four very small tattoos....... I was curious to find out what they were actually going to do so made sure I had the full run down before the needles went in..... basically, they put a dollop of ink on each point and she then put a big needle into each point, ensuring the ink went at least two layers under the skin...... thankfully there are three on the one side (which is still numb so I didn't feel a thing) and one on the other which did hurt!

So I've decided to keep my tattoo free body as I wasn't at all enticed by the pain!

Radiation begins on 27 January and will take place every day for five weeks........ I'm hoping it will be a breeze compared to chemo!

No comments:

Post a Comment