Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Getting Festive

It's almost NYE and I thought it's been a few weeks since I've written my update...... the lead up to Xmas was  pretty good and while I'm now constantly feeling like a 90 year old lady, I recovered pretty well from chemo 7..... I think it has something to do with the fact that I only had to inject 50% of the drug!!!

I was so relieved that my feet didn't get really sore and infected, however, they are still very tender and I'm wearing socks every day.... I've been told they will not begin to improve until chemo finishes so I'm looking after them as best I can until then.

Christmas this year was really special for all of us. It was the major milestone that I've been dreaming about on all of the mornings I have been lying in bed, crying and waiting for the nightmare to end.... so the lead up was a very exciting feeling as I knew I only have ONE TO GO!

Xmas was very emotional for me this year, especially writing on everyone's xmas cards because it brought back all of the memories and emotions over the past several months.... so I could only do one card a day for my close friends and family, as I couldn't control the tears! It means to much to me that I have so many people who care so deeply about me and it was really great to be able to express my gratitude and appreciation for the love and kindness they have shown me.

It didn't end with simply cards!! This year, I found it very challenging to go out shopping for Xmas presents (yes you heard it everyone, I didn't enjoy shopping for the first time in my life!!!!) mainly because I get so tired easily and the crowds were just too difficult for me....... so I resorted to a lot of online shopping and I'm afraid my family all received a home made gift from me (yes, that's what happens when I have too much time on my hands; sorry mum, shell and matty!!!!)

Our Xmas Day was really really lovely and relaxing at Mum and Dad's. As always, mum excelled in the kitchen and we all enjoyed a dairy, wheat, soy and gluten free day!!!! Honestly, you wouldn't have been able to tell the difference as it was so delicious! We got super spoilt as always and I LOVED all of my pressies....... I now have an adjustable mannequin for my sewing room, some fab new Alannah outfits and a new iPad! We had a really great day full of laughs and special moments so it was great fun!

Here are a few of my home made xmas gifts to my family....... I really enjoyed making them and it was great to be able to give people a home made gift for the first time in my life! I have also mastered baking without wheat flour for the first time with my colourful xmas cookies.

The past few days I have been feeling quite good so I did venture into the gym ...... I was walking on the treadmill only but managed to do a good 40 - 45 mins both days. I thought I'd test my fitness and broke into a very light jog on the first day........ I managed 1 minute 20 seconds before my legs felt like they were going to drop off! Yes my achy bones were very apparent and it hit me just how much the treatment has affected my body, so I didn't try jogging again as I've resided myself to the fact that I'm not going to even put myself through any more physical pain until after chemo...... but I feel my body is going to take a good few months to bounce back! One thing is for sure, I cannot wait until my eyelashes grow back!

For the first time ever, we are having a quiet NYE. There is no way I could stay up until midnight but I will be dreaming of you all celebrating hard in my deep sleep! Please do some partying for me!!!

Happy New Year and hope you are all enjoying the festive season.

xx




2 comments:

  1. Hi Suse, you couldn't have chosen a more beautiful present for me if you tried, (mine is the first pic for anybody else reading this). This will always be very special to me knowing that you actually made it specially for me. Good luck for Friday sorry I won't be there with you but it is one day we are all looking forward to, then the celebrations all begin. Lots of love Mumxxx000

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Suse. It is so easy to love you and support you as you are so special (and obviously very talented)

    Only one more to go and we are so pleased for you.

    You know now you can do anything.

    All our love, LinnieB and JohnnieBB
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete