Thursday, December 16, 2010

Chemo side effects

The latest side effect, aside from losing the skin on the bottom of my feet has been the loss of my eyelashes.... can you believe that the hair on my head is actually growing (very very slowly) but I have lost my lashes and most of my eyebrows....... 

I didn't realise how painful it can be to lose your lashes..... they have been regularly weeping and I'm constantly wiping them, despite buying glasses and eye drops....... I'm generally fine if I stay at home but going out in air conditioned places is a bit of a nightmare...... so no xmas shopping for me!! Sorry everyone, you will be getting home made gifts only this year!!!!

The other major side effect which we haven't been able to combat is hot flushes...... despite me taking a supplement to try to manage them, I am getting them every night all night...... one minute I'm freezing so I snuggle up to Matty and then I'm roasting hot........ so it goes on and on all night so I am looking forward to the day when these disappear from my life!! (until at least I'm in my 50's!!!)

The fatigue has also been much more noticable so I'm not sure if it's because I'm on my 7th treatment or whether it's the actual treatment...... but basically, I feel like a 30 year old mind in a 90 year old body!!!! Oh to wake up feeling well every day!!!!

Anyway, overall, it's all ok and I realise as I sit here writing that there could be far far worse things happening to me and other people so I am grateful for the fact that the side effects have been minimal and managable to a large extent!

No comments:

Post a Comment