Thursday, December 16, 2010

Chemo Six

Well I have just realised that it's the morning of chemo 7 but I have missed a few weeks of blogging and haven't told you about the last treatment yet! My apologies!

In summary, chemo six went fine; the nurses are having great difficulties getting needles into me and it took about three attempts before the needle went in, but that is better than five!!! The session itself went fine and in fact, the following day I was out going for a leisurely stroll along the waterfront with my family..... as my sis had come for another visit from NZ....... it was great!

Then the reality of chemo set in and I got that terrible foot infection back..... in BOTH of my feet this time....... I'm really not sure why it's happening but I have lost a layer of skin on the bottom of my feet and that has caused my feet to become badly infected.......

I was lathering cream on them and keeping them in socks as well as taking antibiotics and resting, resting and resting.......and nothing seemed to work.... I was in agony for a few days to the point where I could barely stand on them but a week later, I recovered and got back to normality!

I have felt extremely tired from this treatment, to the point where I haven't been able to go out for longer than an hour before feeling exhausted....... but after seeing Ben, my kineso this week, he has given me a new supplement Iodine, which has worked wonders to my energy levels...... so I feel now that with two treatments to go, I can do it!!!

I woke up this morning with a pang of dread and excitement as I know that after today, I will have one to go...... bring on 7th Janaury!!!!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment